Handmade Christmas

Too funny, a whole year since my last post. Ha! I'm here to show off some of the handmade gifts I'm giving for Christmas this year.

My little man has loved his first year of primary school and adored his teacher. To show her how much we love her and appreciate all she has done for Hamish, I made her this cushion. First time free motion quilting so don't look too close. It was made with love and that's what counts right? I was so happy with how it turned out and am totally loving the pom pom trim. The husband said it was nanna-ish. Whatever.




Myah had her first male teacher this year.  I was a bit stuck on what I could make him so went with the always reliable bunting flags.  He likes to surf so I hunted down a remnant of some Timeless Treasures Surfin' Santa fabric and managed to squeeze 5 Santa's out of it. 


Since he'll be travelling OS during the holidays, I made a passport cover as well, identical to the blue/red colourway shown here.  Some rocky road topped it off nicely. 



I job shared this year so made this set for my co-worker.  She is a lover of yellow and we both have a thing for grammar and punctuation so the fabric called "comma" was perfect for some cute little handmade earrings.  Might have to make some of these for myself too I think. 

I made the dumpling bag using the free tutorial found here.  I ended up making 13 of these bags and they've come in super handy for last minute Christmas gifts.

I've missed being in here and will aim for another post before Christmas next year.  Oh and if you're on instagram you can find me there too as frssymish.    

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas x

No comments:

Post a Comment